Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Britain) A small retail store, often in a residential area, that carries a limited selection of items such as staples, sweets, newspapers, and other everyday items which is open long hours for the convenience of shoppers.
- (UK): corner store, newsagent
- (American English): convenience store, c-store, 7-Eleven (genericized trademark)
- (Canada): corner store, convenience store, variety store, dépanneur (Quebec)
- (Australian English): corner store, milk bar,
- (New Zealand): dairy, superette, mini-market
small retail store — see convenience store