Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dairy (plural dairies)
- A place, often on a farm, where milk is processed and turned into products such as butter and cheese.
- A dairy farm.
- A shop selling dairy products.
- (also dairy products or dairy produce) Products produced from milk.
- (New Zealand) A corner-store, superette or 'mini-mart' of some description.
place, where milk is processed
shop selling dairy products
products produced from milk
corner-store, superette or 'mini-mart' of some description
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked: "to be checked"
dairy (not comparable)
- Referring to products produced from milk.
- Referring to the milk production and processing industries.
- (Britain) On food labelling, containing fats only from dairy sources (e.g. dairy ice cream).
referring to products produced from milk
referring to the milk production and processing industries
on food labelling, containing fats only from dairy sources
- “dairy” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2006.