Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: crate-digger
cratedigger (plural cratediggers)
- (slang) A person who habitually looks through crates of vinyl records at music shops, especially in pursuit of rare or interesting albums.
- Synonym: digger
- 2008, Signal to Noise, Volumes 49-51, page 103:
- Long a crate-digger's grail and never before available on CD, this is one obscurity that really lives up to the hype.
- 2010, Fiona McAuslan & Matthew Norman, The Rough Guide to Havana, Rough Guides (2010), →ISBN, page 160:
- A little crate-diggers' paradise for collectors of Latin and easy listening music on vinyl.
- 2013, Lara Kavanagh & Frances Ambler, The Rough Guide to Vintage London, Rough Guides (2013), →ISBN, unnumbered page:
- The Beehive is half of a two-room shop that also contains Casbah Records, where cratediggers can flick through stacks of vinyl records while their friends or partners try on clothes next door.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:cratedigger.