Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A common place name (Richmonds on Wikipedia):
- A number of places in Australia:
- A number of places in Canada:
- A city on Lulu Island, in Greater Vancouver, British Columbia.
- A residential neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta.
- A former urban neighbourhood of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- A village and former municipality of Ottawa, Ontario.
- A rural community in Prince County, Prince Edward Island.
- A town in the region of Estrie, Quebec.
- Places in England:
- A townland in County Tipperary, Ireland.
- A market town in Saint Mary parish, Jamaica.
- Places in New Zealand:
- Places in South Africa:
- A number of places in the United States:
- An unincorporated community in Dallas County, Alabama, also known as Warrenton.
- An unincorporated community in Little River County, Arkansas.
- A sizable port city in Contra Costa County, California.
- A neighborhood of San Francisco, California; in full, the Richmond District.
- A village in McHenry County, Illinois.
- A city, the county seat of Wayne County, Indiana.
- A tiny city in Franklin County, Kansas.
- A home rule city, the county seat of Madison County, Kentucky.
- A village in Madison Parish, Louisiana.
- A town and census-designated place in Sagadahoc County, Maine.
- A town in Berkshire County, Massachusetts.
- A city in Macomb County and St. Clair County, Michigan.
- A small city in Stearns County, Stearns.
- A city, the county seat of Ray County, Missouri.
- A town in Cheshire County, New Hampshire.
- A town in Ontario County, New York.
- (archaic) A former borough of New York City; since 1975, the borough of Staten Island.
- A village in Jefferson County, Ohio.
- An unincorporated community in Wheeler County, Oregon.
- A neighborhood of Portland, Oregon.
- A town in Washington County, Rhode Island.
- A city, the county seat of Fort Bend County, Texas.
- A small city in Cache County, Utah.
- A town in Chittenden County, Vermont.
- The capital city of Virginia.
- A town in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
- A town in St. Croix County, Wisconsin.
- A town and unincorporated community in Walworth County, Wisconsin.
- An English dukedom.
- A surname derived from the English place name.
- c. 1593, William Shakespeare, “The Tragedy of Richard the Third: […]”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies […] (First Folio), London: […] Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, [Act V, scene iii]:
- Be cheerful, Richmond; for the wronged souls
Of butcher'd princes fight in thy behalf:
King Henry's issue, Richmond, comforts thee.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
Terms derived from Richmond
capital of Virginia
common place name