Audio (US) (file)
crossbar (plural crossbars)
- Any transverse bar or piece, such as a bar across a door, or the iron bar or stock which passes through the shank of an anchor.
- (sports) The top of the goal structure.
- 2012 April 22, Sam Sheringham, “Liverpool 0-1 West Brom”, in BBC Sport:
- The effervescent Suarez then went close again as he worked space for a shot after a mazy run but could not keep his close-range shot below the crossbar.
- The top tube of a bicycle frame.
top of the goal structure
top tube of a bicycle frame