Jump to navigation Jump to search
cuckolder (plural cuckolders)
- (zoology) A male of certain kinds of fish that interrupts a mating pair to release sperm in an attempt to fertilize the female.
- One who commits cuckoldry; one who cuckolds.
- 1825 February 5, Cobbett, William, “To Mr. Brougham—On Newspaper Government; and on his Education Project”, in Cobbett's Weekly Register, volume 53, number 6, page 333:
- The friends of the respective parties, those of the cuckolder on one side, and those of the cuckoldee on the other side; and the public (as far as play-house audiences are the public) have fairly decided in favour of the cuckolder! What an admirable system of “public instruction”!
- 2001, Williams, Gordon, A Dictionary of Sexual Language and Imagery in Shakespearean and Stuart Literature, A&C Black, →ISBN, page 277:
- Gascoigne, Hundreth Sundrie Flowres (1573) 78 has a teasing passage in which cuckold and cuckolder are out hunting.