From Latin cumulatus, past participle of cumulo (“to pile up”).
cumulate (third-person singular simple present cumulates, present participle cumulating, simple past and past participle cumulated)
- (transitive) To accumulate; to amass.
- (intransitive) To be accumulated.
cumulate (comparative more cumulate, superlative most cumulate)
- accumulated, agglomerated, amassed
cumulate (plural cumulates)
- (geology) An igneous rock formed by the accumulation of crystals from a magma either by settling or floating.
- second-person plural present indicative of cumulare
- second-person plural imperative of cumulare
- feminine plural of cumulato
- first-person plural present active imperative of cumulō