Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (medicine, archaic) The operation of drawing blood to or from the surface of the person by forming a partial vacuum over the spot.
- (medicine, archaic) A similar operation for drawing pus from an abscess.
- (medicine) Fire cupping, a traditional therapeutic treatment called in which heated cupping glasses are applied to the skin, supposedly to draw blood towards the surface.
- The taking of a small amount of a beverage such as tea or coffee into the mouth in order to taste it; a session where this is done.
- (vacuum treatment): myofascial decompression (MFD) (a modern therapeutic sports injury treatment technique using a partial vacuum to draw blood to the area)