Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from d’oh)
See also: doh
Imitative. Later popularised by the cartoon character Homer Simpson in The Simpsons. Voice actor Dan Castellaneta has said he modelled his version on the drawn-out "do-o-o-o" sound made by Jimmy Finlayson in the films of Laurel and Hardy.
- (US) IPA(key): /doʊ/, /doʊʔ/
- (UK) IPA(key): /dəʊ/, /dəʊʔ/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Homophones: doe, doh, dough, do (music)
- Expresses frustration or anger, especially at one’s own stupidity.
- "I just paid for our food." "You didn't have to. It's free." "D'oh!"
expression of frustration