Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American, Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɛɹ.ɪ.ˈlɪk.ʃən/
- Rhymes: -ɪkʃən
- Hyphenation: der‧e‧lic‧tion
- willful neglect of one's duty
- The new soldier did not clean his cabin and was scolded for dereliction and disobedience.
- What he did was a terrible dereliction of duty.
- the act of abandoning something, or the state of being abandoned
willful neglect of one's duty
the act of abandoning something, or the state of being abandoned