Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Unflattering or embarrassing facts, or questionable activities that one wants to remain secret, but which some other may use to blackmail with.
- If you don't tell me why you did it, I'll air all your dirty laundry to your boss.
- (literally) Laundry that is unclean or soiled.
- If you bring your dirty laundry round on Saturday, I'll wash it for you.
- (by metonymy) A clothes hamper or other container in which soiled laundry is placed.
- Place your dirty clothes in the dirty laundry.
Unflattering facts or questionable activities
Laundry that is unclean or soiled