Jump to navigation Jump to search
- discordaunce (obsolete)
- A state of being discordant; disagreement, inconsistency.
- 1859, George Meredith, chapter 15, in The Ordeal of Richard Feverel. A History of Father and Son. […], volumes (please specify |volume=I to III), London: Chapman and Hall, →OCLC:
- To talk nonsense, or poetry, or the dash between the two, in a tone of profound sincerity, and to enunciate solemn discordances with received opinion so seriously as to convey the impression of a spiritual insight, is the peculiar gift by which monomaniacs, having first persuaded themselves, contrive to influence their neighbours, and through them to make conquest of a good half of the world, for good or for ill.
- Discordance of sounds; dissonance.
- (genetics) The presence of a specific genetic trait in only one of a set of clones (or identical twins).
discordance f (plural discordances)