Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of a page in a book) Bent or slightly ragged in appearance, especially due to having been read many times.
- The pages in his favorite book were dog-eared from years of reading it at bedtime.
- 2002 September 19, “Don't spare the horses - riders set off for hunt rally”, in The Guardian:
- Dog-eared tomes litter his sitting room, filled with lovely names - Sailor, Scandal, Saucebox, Starlight, Siren, to take a few from a random page of the directory for 1875.
- (of a page in a book) Having the corner folded over, as a sort of bookmark.
- By thumbing to the dog-eared pages, she quickly found the items in the catalog she wanted to order.
to be bent in a manner like the ear of certain dogs