Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- domicil (archaic)
domicile (plural domiciles)
- (formal) A home or residence.
- The call to jury duty was sent to my legal domicile; too bad I was on vacation at the time.
- (law) A residence at a particular place accompanied with an intention to remain there for an unlimited time; a residence accepted as a final abode.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wharton to this entry?)
home or residence
a residence accepted as a final abode
- To have a domicile in a particular place.
- The answer depends on in which state he was domiciled at his death.
domicile m (plural domiciles)