Jump to navigation Jump to search
- domicil (archaic)
domicile (plural domiciles)
- (formal) A home or residence.
- The call to jury duty was sent to my legal domicile; too bad I was on vacation at the time.
- (law) A residence at a particular place accompanied with an intention to remain there for an unlimited time; a residence accepted as a final abode.
- 1838, Reports of Cases Decided in the Supreme Courts of Scotland:
- the status of marriage has been indelibly fixed by the English celebration; and by this decision, her domicile, as a married woman, has been held to be that of her husband
home or residence
a residence accepted as a final abode
- To have a domicile in a particular place.
- The answer depends on which state he was domiciled in at his death.
domicile m (plural domiciles)