Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdɔɹweɪ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdɔːweɪ/
- (rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /ˈdo(ː)ɹweɪ/
- (non-rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /ˈdoəweɪ/
Audio (US) (file)
doorway (plural doorways)
- The passage of a door; a door-shaped entrance into a house or a room.
- 1950 February, “Rolling Stock for London Transport”, in Railway Magazine, page 88:
- A re-arrangement of the seating in relation to doorway positions gives an even distribution of seated passengers, no change has been made in the number or size of the doorways.
passage of a door