Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
drifting (not comparable)
- Moving aimlessly or at the mercy of external forces.
- The drifting seaweed went wherever the currents carried it.
- (motorsports) A driving technique where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels, while maintaining control from entry to exit of a corner.
- The act by which something drifts.
2009, Mazo de la Roche, Whiteoak Heritage, page 204:
- Still, she did not regret him, for nothing Ernest could have given her would have equalled the delight of those romantic driftings on the lake with Eden.