Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of altering for the better, or correcting what is erroneous or faulty; correction; improvement.
- Alteration by editorial criticism, as of a text so as to give a better reading; removal of errors or corruptions from a document.
- The book might be improved by judicious emendations.
- (zoology, taxonomy) An intentional change in the spelling of a scientific name, which is usually not allowed.
- The genus name Uramyia is an unjustified emendation of Uramya even though it uses a better transliteration of the Greek word μυῖα.