Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)sə(ɹ)
enforcer (plural enforcers)
- One who enforces.
- A hired strongman, especially working for the underworld.
- 2010, Peter Corris, Torn Apart, Allen and Unwin, page 117:
- At 199 centimetres and a hundred kilos going up, he was scary big and he found work as a bouncer and enforcer[.]
- The member of a group, especially of a gang, charged with keeping dissident members obedient.
- (UK) A battering ram used by the emergency services for gaining access to locked premises.
- (ice hockey, rugby, Australian rules football) A player who physically intimidates or confronts the opposition.
- Synonym: policeman
member of a group charged with keeping dissident members obedient
ice hockey: player tasked with intimidating or confronting the opposition