Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
policeman (plural policemen)
- A member of a police force, especially one who is male.
1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 19, in The China Governess:
- Meanwhile Nanny Broome was recovering from her initial panic and seemed anxious to make up for any kudos she might have lost, by exerting her personality to the utmost. She took the policeman's helmet and placed it on a chair, and unfolded his tunic to shake it and fold it up again for him.
- (chemistry) A glass rod capped at one end with rubber, used in a chemistry laboratory for gravimetric analysis.
- (member of a police force): See Wikisaurus:police officer
- (glass rod with rubber cap): rubber policeman
a member of a police force
policeman m (plural policemans)
- policeman (in Anglophone countries)