Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Underworld
underworld (plural underworlds)
- (mythology) The world of the dead, located underneath the world of the living; the afterlife.
- That part of society that is engaged in crime or vice.
- (video games) The portion of a game that is set below ground.
- Antonym: overworld
- 2016, Alyse Knorr, Super Mario Bros. 3: Boss Fight Books #13
- In the underworld theme, low notes create a darker feeling that matches the cave setting. This song also creates a sense of continuity across early Mario games, since it's a remix of SMB1's original underworld theme.
- (world of the dead): netherworld
part of society engaged in crime or vice
world of the dead
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.