Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The action of erasing; deletion; obliteration.
- The state of having been erased; total blankness.
2004 October 18, The New Yorker:
- Bush, even when he had the floor, grimaced as he spoke, except on several occasions when he lost his way and a look of total erasure came over him, a blank, stricken stare for which the French, alas, have the most apt expression: like a cow watching a train go by.
- The place where something has been erased.
- There were several erasures on the paper.
- (sociology) A tendency to ignore or conceal an element of society.
- bisexual erasure
- (action of erasing): cancelation (US), cancellation (British), canceling (US), cancelling (British), deleting, deletion, erasing, obliterating, obliteration, wiping
- (state of having been erased): blankness
action of erasing