Jump to navigation Jump to search
exocentric (not comparable)
The adverbial phrase with great care contains no adverbs.
- Focused or centered on something outside of itself.
- (grammar, of a phrase or compound) Not having the same part of speech as any of its constituent words.
- (semantics, of or relating to a compound term) Not having the same semantic referent as the semantic referent of any of its constituent parts.
|semantics and grammar|
(the) Big Easy ("New Orleans")
- (all senses): endocentric
(grammar, of a phrase or compound) not having the same part of speech as any of its constituent words
exocentric (plural exocentrics)
- (grammar) An exocentric compound.
- exocentric on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- exocentric at OneLook Dictionary Search