Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɛksi
- (Australia, colloquial, slang) Expensive.
- 1999 March 19, PETER MCALEER, “The Long Kiss Goodnight (R4)”, in aus.dvd, Usenet:
- I am renting my machine, it might be more exy but it gives me time to sus out (with the help of newsgroups like this one), just exactly which machine or brands to focus on + DTS is on the way and despite what some people say, an A-Turn type system would be nice.
- 2002, Huon Hooke, Ralph Kyte-Powell, The Penguin Good Australian Wine Guide 2001-2002, page 111,
- The BRL Hardy people have two ranges of wines bearing the Tintara name, the more exxy one with the name Tintara etched into the glass, and this cheaper line, Tintara Cellars.
- 2003 July 15, Danny Smith, “INFORMATION CANON DIGITAL SLR - SECOND”, in aus.photo, Usenet:
- To their credit they've let me play with a D60, D100, SD9, and 10D and a variety of lenses - slightly different to a pro body and the more exy pro lenses, admittedly :).
- 2003 December 9, Jock, “Cleaning off a dusty bike - wash or not?”, in aus.bicycle, Usenet:
- You get water in the bb and the bearings get rusty & crunchy = new bb set - cups & balls. Sealed are better though heavier and more exy.
With the classifier -xy "skin; leaf" / "house".
- Hein van der Voort, A Grammar of Kwaza