Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Hair on the face of a human or animal, such as the eyebrows of a man or woman or the androgenic hair (beard or moustache) of a man.
1995 October 26, “Accent on Women's Art Latinas at two...”, The Denver Post:
- Her dark, arched eyebrows and soft facial hair complement the membranous leaves behind her.
2000, Daniel McNeill, The Face: A Natural History, page 198:
- The Mbaya of the Amazon remove all facial hair, including eyelashes and eyebrows, and sneer at full-browed whites as "ostrich-brothers".
2004, Mark Busby, The Southwest, page 152:
- Some tribes also practiced nose piercing, and men typically removed their eyelashes, eyebrows and facial hair through plucking.
2012, Margo DeMello, Faces Around the World: A Cultural Encyclopedia of the Human Face, page 134:
- Because women naturally do not have a great deal of hair on their faces, it is considered a sign of femininity to have as little facial hair (except for eyebrows and eyelashes) as possible
hair on the face of a human
hair on the face of an animal