Jump to navigation Jump to search
fakie (plural fakies)
- (skateboarding, snowboarding) The riding backwards of the board, in the opposite stance.
- The act of riding a BMX bicycle backwards and pedalling with the sprocket movement while moving backwards, then turning the bars away from the desired direction and sliding out so as to ride forwards again.
- (of a trick) Performed using the fakie stance.
- To ride using a fakie stance.
- 1992, Troy Bannon, Mean Street, →ISBN, page 41:
- He used the tilted side as a ramp, grabbed some air, fakied down, and ollied back onto level ground.