Jump to navigation Jump to search
- resembling a farce; ludicrous; absurd
- 2013 April 9, Andrei Lankov, “Stay Cool. Call North Korea's Bluff.”, in New York Times:
- A closer look at North Korean history reveals what Pyongyang’s leaders really want their near-farcical belligerence to achieve — a reminder to the world that North Korea exists, and an impression abroad that its leaders are irrational and unpredictable.
- 2017 January 14, “Thailand's new king rejects the army's proposed constitution”, in The Economist:
- In August the generals won approval for the document in a referendum made farcical by a law which forbade campaigners from criticising the text.