Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfæɹiə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɛɹiəɹ/
- Rhymes: -æriə(r)
farrier (plural farriers)
- A person who maintains the health and balance of the horse's feet through the trimming of the hoof and placement of horseshoes.
- blacksmith (informal)
person who trims and shoes horses' hooves
- (intransitive) To practise as a farrier; to carry on the trade of a farrier.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Mortimer to this entry?)