Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A race track with optimum conditions for high speeds
- A railroad for express trains.
- The quickest or most direct method or path.
- "Google welcomes the ISO decision to not approve the fast track of Microsoft's OOXML."
- A high-pressure or intensely competitive situation, particularly one characterised by rapid advancement.
The quickest or most direct method or path
- To progress something with unusual rapidity.
- "The head of Sydney Airport thinks frequent flyers should be fast-tracked through security checks."
to progress something through a system bypassing usual holdups