Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: compétitive
- Of or pertaining to competition.
- 1947 January and February, “The Transport Nationalisation Bill”, in Railway Magazine, page 2:
- The final remnants of the competitive spirit between companies will be eliminated, and there is no reasonable prospect that the dull uniformity of standardisation will be offset by greater efficiency in operation.
- 2012 September 7, Phil McNulty, “Moldova 0-5 England”, in BBC Sport:
- (of someone's character) Inclined to compete.
- (economics) Capable of competing successfully.
- (biochemistry) Inhibiting the action of an enzyme by binding with it.
- (euphemistically, of prices) Cheap, especially used of quality products.
of or pertaining to competition
inclined to compete
economics: capable of competing successfully
biochemistry: inhibiting an enzyme
of price: cheap