Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /floʊˈteɪʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /fləʊˈteɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- Hyphenation: flo‧ta‧tion
- A state of floating, or being afloat.
- The ability (as of a tire or snowshoes) to stay on the surface of soft ground or snow.
- (mining, chemical engineering) A process of separating minerals by agitating a mixture with water and detergents etc; selected substances being carried to the surface in air bubbles.
- (Britain, finance) The launching onto the market of a tranch of stocks or shares, usually a new issue.
a state of floating