Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A large Australasian bat, of the genera Pteropus or Acerodon in the family Pteropodidae, having a fox-like face.
- Any bat of the family Pteropodidae (see Usage notes).
- The cyprinid fish Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus.
- A device consisting of a chair suspended on a pulley, and running along a length of cable, used for transporting across ravines etc.
- According to some sources, "flying fox" may be used to refer to the whole family, whereas others use the common terms "fruit bat" or "megabat" to refer to the family. In other languages the corresponding terms may have different coverages, see e.g. German and Finnish in the translation table.
- (device consisting of a chair suspended on a pulley): zip-line
bat of the genera Pteropus or Acerodon
bat of the family Pteropodidae — see megabat
fish Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus
device consisting of a chair suspended on a pulley
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked