Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (archaic, dialectal, nonstandard) foilage
- The leaves of plants.
- 1907, Robert William Chambers, chapter V, in The Younger Set (Project Gutenberg; EBook #14852), New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, published 1 February 2005 (Project Gutenberg version), OCLC 24962326:
- Breezes blowing from beds of iris quickened her breath with their perfume; she saw the tufted lilacs sway in the wind, and the streamers of mauve-tinted wistaria swinging, all a-glisten with golden bees; she saw a crimson cardinal winging through the foliage, and amorous tanagers flashing like scarlet flames athwart the pines.
- (short for) Fall foliage.
- An architectural ornament representing foliage.
the leaves of plants
fall foliage — see autumn foliage
an architectural ornament