Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɹiːfəɹɔːl/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɹiːfɚɔːl/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Chaos; a chaotic situation lacking rules or control.
- When the fire alarm went off, it was a free-for-all.
- 2012, Andrew Martin, Underground Overground: A passenger's history of the Tube, Profile Books, →ISBN, page 134:
- [...] this was a consequence of building Tubes by means of a competitive free-for-all. Each company wanted to expand its territory at the expense of the others.
- (computer games) Deathmatch, sometimes specifically one in which every player is pitted against all the others.
deathmatch — see deathmatch