Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The condition of being friends.
- 1816 , James Boswell, quoting Samuel Johnson, The life of Samuel Johnson […] , volume 3, T. Cadell and W. Davies, page 181:
- We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.
- (countable) A friendly relationship, or a relationship as friends.
- (uncountable) Good will.
- (friendly relationship): entente cordiale
(uncountable) condition of being friends
(countable) friendly relationship
(uncountable) good will — see good will