Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Covered in frost; frosty.
- Eiswein is made from frosted grapes.
- Appearing to be covered in frost.
- She installed frosted windows, since there was a clear view of her bathroom from her neighbor's bedroom.
- Damaged by frost.
- Frosted fruit will be unsalable.
- (slang) Extremely intoxicated.
- I was so frosted after drinking that 12-pack.
- (covered in frost): frosty, frostbound, rimed
- (appearing to be covered in frost):
- (damaged by frost): frostbitten
- (extremely intoxicated): See Thesaurus:drunk
frosted (plural frosteds)
- A kind of milkshake made with ice cream.
- 1947, Geoffrey Hellman, How to Disappear for an Hour, page 266:
- Except for those times when I am drugging myself with movies, vanilla frosteds, the latest novel, or cremes de nepenthe, it is difficult for me to avoid the bothersome thought […]
- 1957, Dorothy Erskine, Patrick Dennis, The Pink Hotel (page 49)
- They had continued to laugh at the milk bar, tasting in the chocolate frosteds the unlikely flavor of Mr. Mather's turpitude.
- 1970, CSA Super Markets (volume 46, page 106)
- Opening with standard flavors and moving quickly to grape, raspberry, blueberry, cinnamon, apple and the frosteds, the variety is putting many chains in a one-out-for-every-one-in frame of mind.