Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: see get, onto.
- To move onto an object, especially one on which it is possible to stand.
- The child will get onto the merry-go-round.
- To contact a person or organisation about a particular matter.
- You should get onto the manufacturers and complain.
- To connect, especially to the Internet or a network.
- With my new computer, I can get onto the Internet faster.
- (transitive) To scold someone.
- My father got onto me for taking the car without asking.