Jump to navigation Jump to search
This French term is a hot word. Its inclusion on Wiktionary is provisional.
- (member of protest movement): Gilet jaune
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see gilet, jaune.
- (more specifically) A yellow high-visibility safety vest.
- (by extension, informal) A motorway patroller, who wears such a vest.
- Synonym: homme en jaune
- (by extension, France, metonymically) A member of a French protest movement in late 2018 which started against rising fuel prices; members of the movement wore such vests.
- bonnet rouge (literally “red cap”)