Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a glad manner; happily.
- 1915, G[eorge] A. Birmingham [pseudonym; James Owen Hannay], chapter I, in Gossamer, New York, N.Y.: George H. Doran Company, OCLC 5661828:
- As a political system democracy seems to me extraordinarily foolish, but I would not go out of my way to protest against it. My servant is, so far as I am concerned, welcome to as many votes as he can get. I would very gladly make mine over to him if I could.
- 1985, Joan Morrison, chapter 4, in Share House Blues, Boolarong Publications, page 44:
- 'Find me a job and I'll gladly go to work.'
- Willingly; certainly.
- Would you like a beer?
- Gladly, thank you.
in a glad manner