Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Gospel truth
- (often Christian) undeniable truth, such as that revealed by God
- 2008, Roland R. Manarin, “You and Money”, in Manarin on Money: A Real World Guide to Building and Maintaining Wealth, →ISBN, page 48:
- Most of the advice dished out is empty calories and often presented as the gospel truth. But there is no such thing as gospel truth because everyone's situation is unique and no one investment is right unless it is considered with an investment plan.
- 2008, R. C. H. Lenski, “First Timothy 3:15, 16”, in Interpretation of St Paul's Epistles to Timothy, Titus, and Philemon, →ISBN, page 607:
- Every reality and, above all this eternal one, is simply there, and that is all. Yet this gospel truth which God sent into the world is not just to be there, i. e., in existence; it is to save men, and thus the men it has saved, the living God's church, bear it as a pillar, yea as a foundation bears its superstructure.