Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Greenfield
greenfield (plural greenfields)
greenfield (not comparable)
- (software engineering) Being a completely new development, without the need to integrate with legacy systems etc.
- a greenfield project
- 2015, Mikael Lundin, Testing with F#, Packt Publishing Ltd, →ISBN, page 148:
- When you're working in a greenfield project and have a favorable situation of designing a database from the ground up, you have complete control over your database when it comes to integration tests, if you do it correctly.
- (business) Previously untapped; free for the taking.
- a greenfield market
- a greenfield sales opportunity