Jump to navigation Jump to search
- guidaunce (obsolete)
From guide + -ance. Displaced native Old English lādtēowdōm.
guidance (countable and uncountable, plural guidances)
- The act or process of guiding.
- Advice or counselling on some topic.
- divine guidance
- 2013 June 29, Leo Montada, “Coping with Life Stress”, in Herman Steensma; Riël Vermunt, editors, Social Justice in Human Relations Volume 2: Societal and Psychological Consequences of Justice and Injustice, Springer Science & Business Media, →ISBN, page 26:
- The fourth model is called the enlightment model: Actors are seen to be responsible for problems but unable or unwilling to provide solutions. They are believed to need discipline provided by authoritative guidance. The Alcoholic Anonymous[sic] groups are considered prototypical for this model.
- Any process or system to control the path of a vehicle, missile etc.
the act or process of guiding