Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) An instinct or intuition; an immediate or basic feeling or reaction without a logical rationale.
- Don't think too hard about the answers to a personality test; just go with your gut feeling.
- Houston had a gut feeling he was being followed, so he hurried to his car.
- 2021 April 29, Sabrina Tavernise, quoting Jeff Huntsinger, “Vaccine Skepticism Was Viewed as a Knowledge Problem. It’s Actually About Gut Beliefs.”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- “At the root are these moral intuitions — these gut feelings — and they are very strong,” said Jeff Huntsinger, a social psychologist at Loyola University Chicago who studies emotion and decision-making and collaborated with Dr. Omer’s team.
an instinct or intuition