handover (plural handovers)
- The transference of authority, control, power or knowledge from one agency to another.
- The information passed on in such a case.
- The daytime team got an urgent handover from the afterhours department.
- (cellular telecommunications) the process of transferring an ongoing call or data session from one channel connected to the core network to another channel.
- (satellite telecommunications) the process of transferring satellite control responsibility from one earth station to another without loss or interruption of service.