Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (transitive, idiomatic) To relinquish control or possession of something to someone.
- I handed over the controls to the copilot.
- 2020 February 10, Phil McNulty, “Manchester City 6-0 Chelsea”, in BBC Sport:
- Liverpool still have a game in hand but City have made up most of that lost ground and this was a resounding message that they will not be handing over the title.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To deliver (someone to an enemy, police, etc.).
to relinquish control or possession
to deliver to people