- In a historic manner; with reference to history or the historical record.
- Historically speaking, this company has always collected payment before starting work.
- According to history: formerly, in the past, traditionally.
- Historically, this company collected payment before starting work.
- To an unprecedented or extremely rare degree.
2018 February 23, Michelle Goldberg, “The De-Trumpification Agenda”, in The New York Times:
- In January, the anti-corruption organization Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW, released a detailed report on the historically unethical presidency of Donald Trump.
in a historic manner