Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhoʊnɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhəʊnɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -oʊnɪŋ, -əʊnɪŋ
honing (plural honings)
- The process by which something is honed.
- 2007, Fine Woodworking, numbers 195-201, page 57:
- In future honings, you'll assume the tip is touching the stone on the back when it is, in fact, above the stone's surface.
- honig (dialectal, archaic)
honing m (uncountable)
In older publications one can also encounter the word with the neuter gender.