Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: hot shot
- Highly skilled.
- He was a hotshot lawyer, with an astounding win-loss record.
- Displaying talent.
- Keep up those hotshot baskets, the scouts are sure to take notice.
hotshot (plural hotshots)
- Someone with exceptional skills in a certain field.
- She sure was a hotshot on the keyboard, 93 words per minute!
- a type of firefighter highly skilled in wildfire firefighting without external support, using basic tools that are backpacked in, and manhandled about
- (firefighter): smokejumper