Jump to navigation Jump to search
impending (not comparable)
- Approaching; drawing near; about to happen or expected to happen.
- I have no time right now because of an impending paper submission deadline.
- December 7 2021, “Jesse Hassenger”, in AV Club:
about to happen
impending (plural impendings)
- Something that impends or threatens; an expected event.
- 1934, Arabella Kenealy, The Human Gyroscope:
- Speed of locomotion and staying power in horse and others; the sense of smell in dog and in most other creatures (a far subtler and more analytical faculty than is man's mere perception of odour). Even an uncanny supra-natural sense of natural impendings, catastrophe, earthquake and flood, lacking in man, is found in simpler creatures.
- 1994, Steve Garvey, quoted in 2000, Nicholas Barnes, Ainin H. Garvey, The Lost Writings of Steve Garvey (page 23)
- Although I do think about death quite regularly, my intense fear of lesser impendings has taught me that the only way I will survive it is to remain objective […]