Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
imputation (plural imputations)
- The act of imputing or charging; attribution; ascription.
- That which has been imputed or charged.
- Charge or attribution of evil; censure; reproach; insinuation.
- (theology) A setting of something to the account of; the attribution of personal guilt or personal righteousness of another; as, the imputation of the sin of Adam, or the righteousness of Christ.
- Opinion; intimation; hint.
act of imputing
that which has been imputed
- “imputation”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
- imputation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
imputation f (plural imputations)