Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
imputation (plural imputations)
- The act of imputing or charging; attribution; ascription.
- That which has been imputed or charged.
- Charge or attribution of evil; censure; reproach; insinuation.
- (theology) A setting of something to the account of; the attribution of personal guilt or personal righteousness of another
- the imputation of the sin of Adam
- the imputation of the righteousness of Christ
- Opinion; intimation; hint.
act of imputing
that which has been imputed
- imputation in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- imputation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
imputation f (plural imputations)