in terms of
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (mathematics) [of one variable or unit of measurement x which has a known relationship to another y] Using equivalent expressions in y in place of expressions in x; mapping x to y.
- If x=2y then 5x can be expressed in terms of y as 10y.
- in relation to a particular aspect; with respect to; as regards; concerning; regarding (a loose and non-technical extension of sense 1)
- I switched to a different bank for better customer service, but there was little difference in terms of interest rates.
- She has no idea how she wants the house to look in terms of décor.
In terms of differs from regarding in that the former usually refers to a particular aspect of a certain topic, whilst the latter is usually used to introduce a new topic.
In relation to, concerning, regarding